Good or bad health starts from what we eat. We have 3 or more times a day to provide healthy foods to our body and take care of our health.
At Healthmatters we care for your health and therefore we really care what you eat. Here is a quick guide to 8 Good and Bad Food Habits.
8 Good Food Habits
- Only eat whole foods. Plants only.
- Look at what you eat. Yes, just look at it. Do not look at Instagram or Facebook. Don’t read the article you wanted or shop online. Just look at what you eat. Go into details and see the textures of what you eat. Enjoy the taste, try to describe it.
- Eat homemade food as much as you can. Try to prepare meals at home and take it with you on your commute or when you go for long walk. If you have a partner it can be fun to prepare food for each other. The less you eat out, the healthier your diet.
- When traveling, plan where you are going to eat. Make research before and try to plan to eat at healthy restaurants that are close by.
- Here is a short list of foods that you should include in your daily diet: Beans, berries, fruits, cruciferous vegetables, greens, other veggies, flax seeds, nuts, spices.
- Always look for foods that you have not eaten recently to keep a greater variety of healthy items.
- When eating a dessert, make sure it is a special event. Enjoy it and do not rush to finish it. In other words: “controlled sweet treats eating.”
- Always look at the ingredients list on the back of the food package.
8 Bad Food Habits:
- Don’t order unhealthy meals just because there is nothing good on the menu. Life is full of good options, don’t settle for anything you do not want.
- Don’t eat and argue with someone at the same time.
- Don’t eat or buy products that have ingredients in it that are not whole foods or that you don’t understand.
- Don’t use oils or butters.
- Don’t eat dairy. This includes cheese, yogurt, chocolate with milk, candies with milk, pastries that use milk (all french pastries are with milk), anything that has milk in any form (powdered or not).
- Do not eat with a big spoon. Use your hands instead 🙂
- Don’t sample unhealthy things, even if they beg you.
- Don’t eat foods that are made from dead animals. Gelatine is derived from animals.