A healthy result should fall into the range 0 – 2 µg/g.
Bismuth is found in alloys, catalysts, cosmetics, paints, magnets, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, x-ray contrast media,
and semiconductors. Bismuth is generally non-toxic, although very high levels may cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Renal, neurological, and hematological problems have been associated with bismuth toxicity. Hair is not a sensitive
specimen for bismuth toxicity; blood and urine are most commonly used.
Alloys, catalysts, ceramics cosmetics, magnets, paints, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, x-ray contrast media
– Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
– Possible renal, neurological and hematological problems
BAL or penicillamine for chelation
What does it mean if your Bismuth result is too high?
Bismuth is generally non-toxic, although very high levels may cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Test results may vary depending on your age, gender, health history, the method used for the test, and other things. Your test results may not mean you have a problem. Ask your healthcare provider what your test results mean for you.
The information on healthmatters.io is NOT intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.