This salad is a crunchy one. Really crunchy! The thin sliced beets, the juicy cocktail tomatoes, the grapes that are full of sunshine and fresh water. The earthy spinach gives your taste buds a good base that let’s the rest of the salad dance around a little bit longer. The nori adds a salty seaweed-type flavor without interrupting the other ingredients too much. We are adding as many different kind of sprouts, not only because they are incredibly nutritious, but also very crisp and fresh tasting. The dressing is added not to mask the salad, but to enhance all flavors and add a little sweetness.
Let’s look at the details:
This recipe is:
Raw, Vegan, Gluten-free, Organic, GMO-free, Salt-free
Time to prepare:
15 min (+ time shopping)
What’s in it?
- Raw beets. Slice them very, very thin. They should be very crunchy, yet easy to chew.
- A mix of all possible leafy greens that you can find. The more variety the better!
- Fresh spinach.
- Big red grapes.
- Sweet Cocktail Tomatoes
- Nori seaweed. Get nori sheets for sushi and cut them with scissors into small rectangles.
- Sprouts. Any sprouted seeds will work. We love broccoli sprouts as they are very dense in nutrition. We also threw in Alfalfa and red cabbage sprouts.
Dressing: No salad is done without a great dressing. Mix the following in a blender.
- Lemon juice
- Agave nectar
- Cayenne pepper
- Chopped/minced Garlic and onion