Optimal Result: 0 – 99 Units.
Fecal contamination of food or water
– Considered harmless, a non-pathogen
– Infected individuals are usually asymptomatic
– May contribute to dysbiosis
– Also colonizes dogs, cats, and other animals
WHAT DOES IT MEAN IF YOUR PENTATRICHOMONAS HOMINIS RESULT IS TOO HIGH?
Therapeutic Options and Considerations:
– May be asymptomatic
– In women with vaginosis, consider treatment to reduce chances of vaginal contamination or reinfection (find treatments for Trichomonas vaginalis elsewhere)
– If treatment is needed, consider a broad-spectrum antiparasitic herbal formula
– Consider probiotics and the 5R Protocol (see this blog post)
– Look for and address sources of fecal contamination
– Address other imbalances on the GI-MAP
Test results may vary depending on your age, gender, health history, the method used for the test, and other things. Your test results may not mean you have a problem. Ask your healthcare provider what your test results mean for you.
The information on healthmatters.io is NOT intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.